Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ask

As we were heading home from the Carlsbad 5000, we slowly stopped when we came around a corner and noticed flashing lights.

There was an ambulance and several police cars. We could see a man with nice dress shoes on strapped to the stretcher inside.

I always feel so sad when we pass accidents. It amazes me how quickly things like that can happen. I was in a car accident about 10 years ago and I still can't believe how it seemed to happen in an instant. It is crazy how one second you are on your way to your destination and the next you are in an ambulance.

I said to the boys, "you know, when I pass an accident, I say a silent prayer and ask God to protect the people involved in the accident."

My oldest, Luke (8) who does not speak about his faith often with us said, "I do that too. Like when I am playing with my Legos and I can't find a piece, I pray and when I open my eyes, I find it."





I love the simplicity of a child's faith. Oh, how I need more of that in my life.

We went on to discuss how God tells us that he desires us to come to him with our requests.

I wonder, why then I try so hard to do it all on my own?

Today I was reminded to not limit God's possibilities and abilities. I was reminded to trust that He knows what I need and to not go to Him last after my plans and efforts have failed.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Phillipians 4:6

Much love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Great post and so true! Always go to Him first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. God is more eager to answer than we are to ask.
    Love the pic of his sweet lil hands.

    ReplyDelete